Sunday, July 17, 2011

Will the readers feel like they're 'not in the book' when I use third person P.O.V?

Or is it just the writing style/ description and stuff? I'm almost twelve and I really want to start writing this sci-fi I've been planning on for months, but my problem is I know a lot of people who like it better in first person P.O.V rather than third person, because they find third person boring and they think the characters are unrelatable. I'm a little worried because if I try writing it in first person, there would be constant switching -- I have two protagonists, the other is a girl and the other is a boy, and they both have a story to tell. It's basically a world vs. world story; -- it's not as bad as it sounds, I just don't feel comfortable publicizing all my ideas -- the girl and the boy lives in a dystopian world, and they're struggling as battles erupt. I have almost all of it planned, some I'm still thinking about. There will be action, mystery -- stuff a sci-fi/ fantasy novel would have. Do you think the story would sound better in third person or not? I'm thinking it might bore the readers (hopefully I will have some) if I write it on third person, but I'm afraid that if I write it in first person (two POVS), the characters will turn out annoying. I know it might sound immature and stupid, but I really need opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment