Saturday, July 16, 2011

Should i continue to play on my sprained ankle?

I am 15 years old and well i sprained my ankle back on may 5 while playing basketball. At first it hurt so much that could not even walk on it and it was swelled up alot. I went to the doctor that night and they said that the ligaments were really stressed and it was a slight sprain. they doc sent me home with some pain meds and some pills for swelling and some crutches. I used the crutches and meds for about a week then stopped while still applying ice and elevation It was painless to walk after about two weeks but there was still some swelling. I began playing on it lightly two weeks after the sprain and it would hurt the next morning. So i decided to stay off it for about 3 weeks applying ice and elevation every so often. 5 weeks after the sprain i still play on it very lightly maybe just shooting around and playing halfcourt games. There is no pain and i can jump on it but no as high as i could before the sprain. It has been about 8 weeks since i sprained it but there is still some swelling. What should i do? thanks in advance and sorry the description was so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment