Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Best college major for becoming a police officer?

Forgive me if this is a long description. So i'm a senior this year and i have to apply for college in a few months, i know that i'll have time to switch my majors within the first year or two of college but i want to have a few plans. So far i'm deciding between Aerospace Engineer as a future career or a Police Officer. I'm not sure what the best prerequisites for becoming a police officer are. Is there any major that would help me finding a job for that career? Or does a college major not matter for police officers so long as I were to attend some type of police academy following my college years. I'm not really familiar with the requirements for law enforcement positions other than mandatory basic tests. So if anyone could help me out with these questions that would be great. I doubt if it matters but so far i'm considering going to OU (University of Oklahoma), OSU (Oklahoma State), and an offer from Texas A&M.

No comments:

Post a Comment